Sunday 17 March 2013

Weekly Update! March 9-17, 2013

Welcome everybody to the first Weekly Update!

First off, I'd like to apologize for the lack of posts the last few days. I got caught up in doing stuff over the weekend, and never got around to it. You may also be wondering what happened to those videos I said I'd put up. Well, the first part of that is a bogus copyright claim popped up on Part 4 of Tomb Raider, so I'm disputing that, and that's why it never showed up. It's really annoying, and I hope it gets cleared up soon. For the Sonic one... well, I got lazy. Sorry. I'm hoping I'll do it tomorrow. Also, because of the aforementioned copyright claim, I may be putting a hold on the TR LP, instead of just continuing to upload past Part 4. Besides, Part 5 and onward may be hit with the same claim until this one is worked out. I'll try to do some Bioshock instead to make up for it, as well as some more Sonic runs. In the future, don't be too surprised if I don't put something up every day. Blog and video releases may be fairly random, but I'll try to get a few out per week. Stay tuned readers!

So, as a look back on the week, let's see what we've got.

Obviously, I started the Pelikki Game Report. That's pretty cool. For me, anyway. Hope it's cool for you too. For notable posts, I put up my Jak & Daxter review, my first impressions of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, and a few videos to my YouTube channel. I'm thinking of starting up a Facebook page too. We'll see.

Game news!

StarCraft 2's Heart of the Swarm expansion hit this week, which is pretty much all anyone paid any attention to. I'm not even sure if anything else got released. At least that I know of.

Riot has finally blown the lid off Zac, their newest champion for League of Legends. He's currently available on their PBE servers if you want to give him a try.
They also revealed the full details of the Karma remake. They are NOT on the PBE to try out. Yet.
And finally, they showed off a new map, Howling Abyss. It's currently on PBE, and seems to be a legitimate queue option for ARAM games. I'm not sure if it's replacing Proving Grounds or not.

Personal Update:

So this weekend I did a few things. I better have, to make an excuse about not posting, right? Let's see... I don't remember what I got up to on Friday. I think I ended up playing Halo 4 with my friend and clanmate }SoC{BrownSound (no, not the poop thing). Pretty sure we won most of the matches but the last one, which was a sad note to end on. Saturday I had a sudden urge to jump back into a game called War Thunder. It's a WWII-era flight combat sim, and is pretty sick. It's World of Tanks-ish, but you get to bring all your planes into battle at once, and they count as your "lives". Once all of your planes are destroyed, you're done. It's supposed to be bringing in Land and Sea combat as well - which is currently only present in the form of ground targets to blow up with bombers - but currently it's limited to Air. That's fine with me, as I needed an excuse to break out the ol' Force Feedback monstrosity sitting on the shelf. The game is a lot of fun, and I recorded some gameplay tonight, so hopefully I'll get some footage of that up this week. But yeah, I think a very large chunk of my time this weekend was spent playing War Thunder.

I also started playing Resident Evil 4 again, since I never finished it and some of my LoL friends were talking about it this last week. I'm a much better shot with my 360 controller (playing the game on PC) now than I was years ago with my GameCube controller, so I hope I can conserve more ammo and what not. I just reached the graveyard, for those who care about my progress. I haven't been playing it a lot.

I don't think I played Sly Cooper at all this weekend, and I feel bad. I may have played it a bit on Friday, but since my friends wanted to play Halo 4, I had to swap my HDMI over to my Xbox (I need to get my other port fixed on my TV...) and I'm far too lazy to swap them back without a real desire to do so. On the other hand, I ended up staying up past 3 AM this morning (that would be I started Saturday night and played into Sunday morning) finishing Halo 4 on Legendary. Solo. Finally. Lord that was testing my patience a few times. Promethean Knights are horribly designed enemies. At least the Elites have the Plasma Pistol weakness. Knights have NOTHING. And drop no decent weapons to kill them with. You pretty much need an OP Cannon (Incineration Cannon, but come on, seriously. It's OP) to kill them effectively. Although I did find that the Scattershot works pretty well. I still hate them. Haaaate. But I'm decked out in full Mark VI MJOLNIR in multiplayer, so I guess it was worth it.

I think that's about it for me. As always, thanks for reading. I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment