Tuesday 12 March 2013

Personal Log, Earthdate 2013-3-12

Okay, so I'm doing another one. I decided a lot can happen in a week, so I guess Sunday will be a weekly roundup? I'll try to do daily posts, but don't kill me if I miss one. No one's perfect.

I feel happy with my Jak & Daxter review. I've had some complain, some correct, and some agree. It's probably the most attention I've got for a review I've written. Still, that makes me think I've done something right. Or it's just because I bashed it instead of praised it. Who knows. Speaking of reviews, I'm working on one for Tomb Raider, and hope to have that out tomorrow. You'll get my more condensed thoughts on the game through that, and experience every step of the way with my LP.

Speaking of my Tomb Raider LP, another episode of that is going up as I type this. It'll take awhile, so I'll get around to linking it here tomorrow. I share the house with five other people, it's not really fair to take up the internet during the day. Plus, y'know, I'd like to use it too. I may re-render Part 4 so that it's a bit brighter, as I've had some complaints on that. I'm also going to try and fiddle with sound levels so that I don't get drowned out, as has also been pointed out to me. Speaking louder is probably a good idea too.

As far as gaming-related news that happened today, a lot of people are probably really excited over the release of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Personally, I'm not a huge RTS player, so I didn't get it. I may record an LP of SC2: Wings of Liberty's campaign though. It seems interesting, but never got around to finishing it. So why not upload it? Also, I guess PETA's trying to convince people the the Zerg are as innocent as the cats and dogs we live with? Let's send a Zerg Rush down on PETA HQ and see what they think then. Yeah, that's what I thought.

More to my liking, EA and DICE released the final pack of DLC for Battlefield 3 - End Game - for PC and 360, at least if you have the Premium service like I do. If you don't, it comes out on PS3 on the 19th, and PC/360 on the 26th. End Game contains CTF as a new game mode, a number of new maps, the dirt bike vehicle, and Air Superiority Mode. ASM is basically just Conquest, but everyone's in a jet. I mostly got frustrated as people could kill me with machine guns in two seconds when I couldn't do it after ten. Assuming I could keep them anywhere near my sights for ten seconds. Oh well, more practice is required I suppose. I'd also like to get a video up of some }SoC{ members playing. I was going to record tonight, but there were people nearby and that prevented me from getting any footage. Also I sucked, and didn't manage to play much anyway.

I continue to play Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. I just finished Muggshot's mission, and will tackle whoever's next tomorrow. His boss fight really bugged me. The first two stages were fine, but that last one kept killing me because he'd shoot as I landed on a point, and couldn't dodge. Took him down eventually though, so yay trophies!

I think that's about it. I came across some cool Tomb Raider related talk from IGN and Kotaku today, which is why I started reviewing the game. I'll try to put my thoughts on some of the popular topics of the story there, while avoiding spoilers. I may do a spoiler post later, which will also free me from needing to stay more objective in a review. Although I may not be doing that so well either. Practice makes perfect!

Riot also released what seems to be a picture of the new champion that's on his way: ZAC
Credit for image goes to Riot, but I grabbed it from Surrender@20
He looks cool I guess, although I was imagining something different. We'll see more when he hits PBE. I probably won't play him though, as I haven't left bot lane in weeks. Mostly because I'm playing Quinn and Valor, who are awesome, and also because the games I haven't played Quinn I've played Support.

Anyway, that's all I got. If you managed to read the whole thing, thanks and props. I'll see you all tomorrow.

Oh! One last thing, I'm gonna try and set up a new YouTube channel, one with a better name. Go subscribe to this channel. I'm not sure when I'll get around to uploading stuff from my old channel, and for now, I'll still be uploading to my old one. But yeah, go subscribe, because eventually I'll only be uploading there. In fact, I've recorded more Sonic Generations speed runs (did Green Hill Act 1 and redid Act 2 to be EVEN BETTER!) and may upload those exclusively to my new channel. So yeah. Do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment